Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Story

Please take a seat as this my take awhile. We are C. and S. and we are high school sweethearts. That is, I was in high school and my husband was trolling the yard and parking lot of my high school. We dated for a year and a half prior to me joining the military. After joining the military and being sent to my first duty station, we continued our relationship and even became engaged. Once I left that duty station and transferred, we lost contact and our relationship ended.


But, fate and God had another plan. Ten years after the split, we found each other. That is, he was stalking my Mother's home and found her phone number and called her. I happened to be stationed in the same city and we reconnected. Ten months later, we were married and more in love than ever before. We've been married for four years now and have been unsuccessful in conceivingl. During these last four years, we've visited numerous doctor's, taken various tests and have accepted the outcome that we are required to use IVF to achieve our pregnancy. So together, we have eight children, four adult children, four children in school and two granddaughters. Some have questioned, "Why do you want to have more children, when you have so many". Our answer is simple, "We want more children". But, after finding my soul mate and falling back in love with him, I imagined a different outcome for more children. Unbeknown to me, God had another plan. So, I will not continue to feel sorry for myself and will take the road provided. It's taken me four years to grasp the fact that, I cannot change this and either I accept it and move on or remain in denial. Four years of denial is enough. So, now we look forward to all the ups and downs this road will have for us and we arrive here and will continue, TOGETHER. Please follow us and our blog on this journey to India.

0 comments: